Posts not getting marked 'downloaded' anymore

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Posts not getting marked 'downloaded' anymore

Postby astrax » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:12 am

For some reason, all the downloaded files are not getting marked as such, after closing and starting NB again. I'm using 6.54 build 3326.

What's happening: when I download files they get marked as downloaded in the group window as soon as they're finished (with the green icon). But when I start NB again, the next day or so, these files are just marked as old and when I try to d/l them again, I get the "duplicate" message - which is correct, of course.
It may seem a small problem, but when I look at an older group I basically have to guess which are old files, and which may have already been downloaded. And have to try to d/l all over again to be sure... well, and then the next time I start again, same thing happens again.

Which database would I have to delete, or repair or whatever, to get this fixed? Without loosing the "downloaded files" info.

I had to migrate my OS to a different harddrive recently but I don't think this has anything to do with it. I think, probably a database has been damaged (which is on a different HD though).

Thanks.

*edit
I just took a look at the "color/fonts" options and I realize, up until recently, downloaded files where marked as "partially downloaded" and stayed like that! So, there probably isn't anything wrong with the behaviour. The icon just changes to a blue one with a "P" in it, the next time NB is started. As long as it's running, they're marked "partially". Any thoughts on why d/l files are being marked as "partially downloaded" even though they're finished? And change into that "P" icon? Seems, the "PAR file included" info overrides the "file downloaded" info...
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Re: Posts not getting marked 'downloaded' anymore

Postby Quade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 am

DownloadMarker.db3 is the DB you probably need to delete. It contains a CRC of the subject of downloaded files. Meaning it doesn't contain the actual subjects but, a 32 bit number that represents the subject.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Posts not getting marked 'downloaded' anymore

Postby astrax » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks! Seems to work correctly now. :D
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Return to V6 Technical Support