AutoPar handling of music group files

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

AutoPar handling of music group files

Postby Valsidur » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:59 pm

As of 6.53, B3311, Par sets for music file posting seem to get attached to a an SFV, NZB and/or NFO file (often, it replicates to both if both are there). If there is an NZB or SFV file, lots of files such as the NFO, img files and Par sets are getting all grouped under that file. The autopar often gets confused and doesn't work (hangs in the download files list). IMHO it would be better to have the par files stand alone in this groups and not get attached to anything, as well as not group all these file under the NZB/NFO files. It *might* be that this is happening because the poster isn't including a RAR file with the set of music files. You can see the behavior for posts in question the ab.sounds.lossless.new-age by poster hosgriffin.

Thanks for the good work and program
Randy
Valsidur
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/17/03

Re: AutoPar handling of music group files

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm skeptical about image files being lumped together but, for sure NFO and SFV files get grouped with the pars. Want to PM me an example of one that lumps image files into the pars? Don't post it here.

I was actually just working on split file handling (where the files and the pars don't combine). People were complaining about pre-mature repair. Repair while files were still downloading. There are a couple changes in the works.

1 - PAR only sets will be removed from the download list when they all download. This shouldn't prevent Autopar from working because it's tracked internally too. Once they've all downloaded it's sort of pointless to keep them in the download list.

2 - PAR only sets will download PARS when retries expire so, after 2 retries it'll download a par (by default). If you have a high retry count, autopar may never fix these files. This will continue till they all download or enough PARS have downloaded to repair the files. In this way, the files themselves should have a chance of downloading before the pars download.

3 - This won't impact combined sets of files.

I'll investigate whether the SFV/NFO's impact repair or not. If they do, I just need to fix it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: AutoPar handling of music group files

Postby Valsidur » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

I can't find an example of img files getting grouped in, so I may have been mistaken in that. Some duplicates the by poster I referenced where there is both an NZB and SFV get duplicated par/nfo file sets combined under them is all I see now. The next one that hangs trying to repair I'll PM you.

Thanks
Valsidur
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/17/03

Return to V6 Technical Support