Bug [autopar] un-raring when hard drive is almost filled?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Bug [autopar] un-raring when hard drive is almost filled?

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 pm

I just updated to the latest 6.53 build from 6.51, but I had problems previously using AutoPar to repair/unrar my files when my hd was almost full. The files were seemingly extracted successfully and Newsbin would auto-delete the rar files as I have it set to do. But the extracted files would have glitches. Entire middle sections of video's would be missing/broken.

Is that normal? I wish Newsbin would warn me if there wasn't enough space to fully extract the file and also not delete the rar files if that's the case.

Thanks
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/12/10

Re: Bug [autopar] un-raring when hard drive is almost filled

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36178&hilit=UnRAR+free+space

It does check. Does this seem like it applies? It checks the root of the mount point so, if you're hanging drives off folders instead of giving them drive letters, it reads the wrong free space.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks for the reply, and the thread. I scanned through it, doesn't sound exactly like my issue, but as I said my issue was with 6.51. I only upgraded to the latest build tonight and have plenty of space right now so can't check. But if you're saying it checks I'll believe it, until I run into problem again.

I'm extracting to my normal local Documents>Newsbin Downloads.

Thanks for the help
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:18 am

6.51 was known to have a problem with unraring to a disk with insufficient space. 6.53 will fail the unrar and not delete the rars. You'll probably have to manually unrar at that point.

Honestly, my advice to most people is "don't run out of disk space". You need 2-3 times as much free space as what you're currently downloading to ensure that the download succeeds. Newsbin does note free space at the bottom of the main window.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 am

Cool thanks, yeah I'm fine with manually unraring. That's preferable to watching a movie and in the middle getting stuck and having to re-download it or realizing it before hand but still having to re-download it because the rars are gone.

Yeah, I try to keep some free space but even a 512gb ssd gets filled sometimes (most times). When it was downloading it wasn't a problem, it would stop as I expect it to and give an error, it was only after fully downloading that it obviously had a problem.

Glad to hear it's fixed, thanks for all the hard work.
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support