Downloading Files tab filter history

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Downloading Files tab filter history

Postby skoolrumble » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi, I have the latest version of newsbin (v6.53 B:3311)
how do I clear the filter history in the text box of the Downloading Files tab?

Also, in the past few revisions, a lot of incompletes seem to never assemble automatically (even if I have aggressive assembly checked). They just stay there and then are eventually auto-moved to the Failed Files tab. Are u guys working on that?
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/26/06

Re: Downloading Files tab filter history

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 am

Newsbin won't assemble unless it thinks it can get a good repair. The question is whether these files are repairable or not. If they're repairable and they moving to failed, it's a problem. If they're not repairable then it's probably the way it's supposed to be.

"Options/Clear filter History" should clear the search history.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Downloading Files tab FIND history

Postby skoolrumble » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Quade wrote:Newsbin won't assemble unless it thinks it can get a good repair. The question is whether these files are repairable or not. If they're repairable and they moving to failed, it's a problem. If they're not repairable then it's probably the way it's supposed to be.

"Options/Clear filter History" should clear the search history.

The files were almost always repairable.

The Clear Filter History works for othe windows, but doesn't for the Downloading Files tab (try it out yourself). Although for that tab, I should more appropriately call it the Find history...

Could you also allow us to rename servers in Server Options? Thanks.
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Can't rename servers because they're tied into the headers. You could manually edit the NBI file and change the names but, Newsbin would treat them like new servers and re-download headers. If the "Download Age" was set small enough, this might now matter to you.

I'm not going to permit it through the GUI because of the new server problems but, you can try it by hand editing the NBI file. There are two places you have to change the name, in the list and in the section.

How about adding the failed downloads back into the download list? See if they repair.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby skoolrumble » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Quade wrote:Can't rename servers because they're tied into the headers. You could manually edit the NBI file and change the names but, Newsbin would treat them like new servers and re-download headers. If the "Download Age" was set small enough, this might now matter to you.

I'm not going to permit it through the GUI because of the new server problems but, you can try it by hand editing the NBI file. There are two places you have to change the name, in the list and in the section.

How about adding the failed downloads back into the download list? See if they repair.

Thanks, any answer on the part on how to clear the Find history in the Download Files tab?
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby skoolrumble » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 pm

bump. any word on clearing the Find history? Cause as I said, Clear Filter History doesn't clear that.
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I haven't had a chance to look. It's probably stored in "GuiItems.db3" so, you could wipe it. Make sure Newsbin isn't running at the time.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby skoolrumble » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Quade wrote:I haven't had a chance to look. It's probably stored in "GuiItems.db3" so, you could wipe it. Make sure Newsbin isn't running at the time.

thanks. but didn't want to mess up the set up I had, so I did a bunch of nonsense searches to push away certain cough*pr0n*cough terms. I'll have to remember to never use that Find thing.

Dunno why you guys didn't put it with the Clear Filters History though.
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support