Changing Dark Blue color in Current Progress

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Changing Dark Blue color in Current Progress

Postby andy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:32 am

My v6.51 and previous versions have predominated a dark blue color in the Current Progress column. This masks a lot of information like a thin "missing" line, and I cannot find this dark blue color anywhere in the options, where I have successfully set a very light yellow as the "Downloaded" color. I'd like to wipe out this unwanted dark blue, and substitute a light green. The unwanted color is about as obnoxious as the "very light yellow" color just referenced, which I suppose is delightful to the young-eyed numbskull who chose the unwanted color to mask thin strips of other data-intensive little chromas. How to substitute desired grn for unwanted blu??
Please note the absence of satire, humor, criticism, cursing, sexism, racism, fly fishing, politics, religion, sex, specific software names and other such artifices that might make this colossal bucket of fulsome praise seem so-so sincere, eh?

My wife asked me about a $15 bill from "newsbin" on my MegaCred card, and I'm not sure ... is this my paid search service? I suppose a committee decided to bill biennially?
andy
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/04/03

Re: Changing Dark Blue color in Current Progress

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:56 am

If you're downloading sets, you know with RARS and PARS in the same combined unit, the progress bar for the unit is just a percentage. There's no "per chunk" progress like there is for individual files. So, when you talk about thin slices of data, they don't actually exist in the combined unit download. When it shows red or black for bad or missing chunks, this is a purely synthetic thing that simply represents percentages of bad or missing. There's no detail level stuff in that progress bar.

I don't think the color is exposed. I can consider it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby andy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for explaining. Got it. I would like a color less saturated and dark. I always think of green as go. Leftovers from the old 36" crt days when you could feel the x-rays and had to operate screensavers.
andy
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby andy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 am

Thanks, Dexter — I got my "Minimize to Tray" set again. Things run so smoothly for so long, it's easy to mis-place some settings. Newsbin really is the most excellent, configurable newsreader imaginable!
andy
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to V6 Technical Support