Autopar Block Counts Good But Unrar Fails

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Autopar Block Counts Good But Unrar Fails

Postby noguaranteeofsanity » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Suddenly in the past 24 to 48 hours pretty much everything I try to download suffers from this error and newsbin or I am not able to extract anything from the files. Newsbin then attempts to download the par files and fails in the repair. I realise it isn't the best test, but I tried to downloading files that had worked in previous dew days and they suddenly suffered from this problem as well.

Also tried updating to the latest release candidate from 25th of June, but it did not fix the issue.

Windows 7, i7-x980, 12 GB RAM.
noguaranteeofsanity
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/17/10

Re: Autopar Block Counts Good But Unrar Fails

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Have you updated your virus scanner/firewall in the past few days?

What happens when you run Quickpar on the PAR files?

Sounds like you have a massive corruption problem. That's why I think it's a good idea to look at your security software. I'd even suggest removing it, rebooting, then trying a couple known good downloads.

Edit: The fact Newsbin thinks the blocks are good suggests that the files downloaded properly. Quickpar will tell you if they're corrupt on disk.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 pm

What server are you using? Do you see:

Bad Message-ID - If this happens alot Re-install Newsbin:<server name>

In the logging tab? If yes, think one of the news servers is Fing up.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby noguaranteeofsanity » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 am

I haven't made any changes to my system recently, don't have a firewall/anti-virus on this machine and I had thought the downloads were corrupt because manually running par repair and extract outside of newsbin wasn't working, but I just checked and that now works. If I run quickpar outside of newsbin and then open newsbin, it is able to extract the files as well. This was also with files that appeared to be complete and newsbin showed they had downloaded correctly without any missing parts, but still wasn't able to extract them. Although a couple did have a missing nfo, which quickpar was able to fix, but newsbin didn't seem to be able to.

Might also be unrelated, but the last rar part seemed to produce the unrar error, although that might be just because it was the last file processed.

I was getting a lot of errors including bad yenc decode and failed par repair, but generally the problem seems to be a little better today and a few files are actually downloading as normal, with far fewer errors.

I am on newsdemon and you might be right that is the problem, or I have some corruption problem with my system because SABnzbd was able to grab the files without error from the same server on a linux box.
noguaranteeofsanity
n00b
n00b

Postby noguaranteeofsanity » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 am

I emptied the queue and download folder, moved it to a different drive, re-added everything and it is all working again now, so I think it was either temporarily downloading corrupt files or something went wrong with my storage/downloads which caused the files to become corrupt. Thanks for your help!
noguaranteeofsanity
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support