Internet Search

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Internet Search

Postby mdelig00 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 pm

I thought I had lifetime Internet search but apparently that was for upgrades to the main program. I already have a lifetime key, but wanted to know how much it was to just renew the Internet Search? I usually stray away from "annual" fees. While just a little each month seems trivial they certainly add up when you add them all together. Comes to hundreds of dollars a year when you add everything else on top if you aren't careful, so I'm trying to be frugal on purpose. Having access to a few good indexing sites, some public ones and some private it may seem redundant to even use a search function as it is, but I do like the program. Sorry, jabber mouth today. Where is the link to update Internet Search?

Thanks and Happy New Year.
mdelig00
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/12

Re: Internet Search

Postby DThor » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 am

The information about inet search and how to update it is here:

http://newsbin.com/isearch.php

Newsbin is a one-time purchase, the only extra options are internet search, which gets you the convenience of searching and adding from the results all in the program, but Newsbin works fine with manual spool processing or working nzb's from any source.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: Internet Search

Postby mdelig00 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:13 pm

DThor wrote:The information about inet search and how to update it is here:

http://newsbin.com/isearch.php

Newsbin is a one-time purchase, the only extra options are internet search, which gets you the convenience of searching and adding from the results all in the program, but Newsbin works fine with manual spool processing or working nzb's from any source.

DT

Thank you.

I find trying to download headers problematic and never really got it working. I think there was just too many of them and it kept crashing/failing and I kept having to restart so I stopped trying. I'll have to see if I can try to download a little at a time and see what happens. I don't have any downloads caps or speed caps so maybe I'll give it another whirl.

Thanks
mdelig00
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/12

Return to V6 Technical Support