How to Delete duplicate files

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

How to Delete duplicate files

Postby LuckyFool » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:07 am

I have numerous duplicate file headers from a newsgroup (they weren't dups in the NG) that I transferred into "Save files into custom list" now there are duplicates in this "list" and I would like to delete the duplicates.
So far I have only been able to manually delete them.

Also the RAR files are dups as well but if you delete the dup rar file it deletes all of the RARs for the file.

Is there a way to unlock or unbind the RARS they appear to be a sub file of .par2 heading and all the other parts under it.
They also seem to be sorted to the top of each section, I would rather DL just the smallest .par2 1st see if post is complete then dl the remainder of the pars as needed. With them bonded together if makes this difficult to do without manually pausing and re starting.
The par2 header has to be paused and resume to make the sub files resume even the it doesn't always work and you have to do it a few times for it to start.
LuckyFool
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/17/13

Re: How to Delete duplicate files

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:16 am

PM me some examples.

They also seem to be sorted to the top of each section, I would rather DL just the smallest .par2 1st see if post is complete then dl the remainder of the pars as needed. With them bonded together if makes this difficult to do without manually pausing and re starting.
The par2 header has to be paused and resume to make the sub files resume even the it doesn't always work and you have to do it a few times for it to start.

This is how Newsbin works by default. With a combined RAR and PAR set, it'll download the smallest par, download the rest of the files and then only download the PAR files it needs, if any.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support