Major search issues in v6.50 build 3126

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Major search issues in v6.50 build 3126

Postby userasdf13 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Issue #1: Search by groups no longer works. In Search tab type in term in 'Search' field, click in 'Search in Groups/Topic' field and specify a specific group (e.g. 'a.b.123') and hit Enter. Search returns results from all groups and not limited to specific group. This was working in the previous release.

Issue #2: Application crash when tabbing between search fields and clicking back into field. Type in a term in the 'Search' field, press Tab then click back into the 'Search' field or 'Search in Groups/Topic' field. Application becomes unresponsive and crashes. This has been an issue for quite some time now.

Running on Win 7 Pro SP 1 64-bit
userasdf13
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/08/09

Re: Major search issues in v6.50 build 3126

Postby Quade » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm aware of #2. I think I'm going to have to toss the existing GUI to fix it.

I'll have to check #1 when I get back. What happens if you drop the list and select a "Group of Groups" (GOG)? The topics that you've split the groups into in the groups list.

If you haven't created any groups of groups in the groups list, you might want to try populating a new one with some groups you want to search in and see if that works. At the very least it's probably a work around for this issue.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Major search issues in v6.50 build 3126

Postby userasdf13 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Quade wrote:I'm aware of #2. I think I'm going to have to toss the existing GUI to fix it.

I'll have to check #1 when I get back. What happens if you drop the list and select a "Group of Groups" (GOG)? The topics that you've split the groups into in the groups list.

If you haven't created any groups of groups in the groups list, you might want to try populating a new one with some groups you want to search in and see if that works. At the very least it's probably a work around for this issue.

Yes the "Group of Groups" option is working as expected so I'll use that as a workaround in the meantime. Thanks!
userasdf13
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/08/09

Return to V6 Technical Support