Search facility and KIS 2014

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Search facility and KIS 2014

Postby Jopai » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi guys,

Newbie to the forum here and I hope someone can help.

KIS 2014 appears to be affecting the search facility of Newsbin Pro. I had KIS 2013 (it’s provided free by my bank) and had no problems with that. I did a clean install of the new version and receive the error messages below. I then uninstalled KIS 2014 and tried searching on Newsbin without it and Newsbin worked perfectly. Re-installed and the error messages returned.

It may just be a setting in KIS or Newsbin but I’ve looked and can’t see anything obvious. I’d appreciate if somebody could provide a fix or point me in the right direction as it’s becoming very irritating.

The first message when clicking on the ‘search button’ reads 'Problem contacting the search server. Please contact technical support <OK>

Immediately after this the following critical error message appears Error: SSL negotiation failed, Host: is.newsbin.com Error: SSL connection failed: 5 Error 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Thanks in advance.....
Jopai
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/13

Re: Search facility and KIS 2014

Postby Quade » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:06 pm

You have to learn how to set it to let Newsbin out onto the internet. It's blocking the connection to the search server.

I'd probably set it to ignore Newsbin altogether.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support