2 part question about layout

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

2 part question about layout

Postby railroader » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 am

Is there some quick easy way to toggle between the upper and lower panes (search, groups list, group, etc. on the top and downloads, files, failed files, etc on the bottom?) I am constantly dragging the panes one way or the other, and finding the exact spot to put the cursor to drag gets tedious. Which brings me to part two of the question: sometimes when dragging the lower pane will suddenly become a little tiny mini pane, with arrows and so forth, I suppose this mini pane must provide some function but I can’t figure out what, how do I restore it to the way it was? Only way I can figure out is Options/reset display layout on reset, this seems to happen quite often, and I hate restarting the program all the time. Thank you.
railroader
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 2 part question about layout

Postby DThor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:17 am

I'm a little unclear about why you're dragging panes in the first part of your question, but there's a lock icon on the toolbar that will lock down your layout, I'd recommend using it once you get things arranged the way you like. I don't even leave the toolbar exposed in my day to day usage, but having the layout locked makes for a lot less stress. It's very easy to accidentally move a pane.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 am

You know, you can make it single pane so, no dragging is needed? I interpret your "drag" comment to means "change the splitter position" and not actually drag the windows around.

If you want, you could move all the windows up top and get rid of the splitter altogether.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby railroader » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 pm

That is what I mean, drag the splitter up and down, and the reason for that is simply to see as much of what ever pane I'm currently dealing with as possible on my little laptop screen, problem is having to constantly switch between the two . When I used Agent, back in the old days you could go single pane and click a "toggle" button to switch between any two panes.
railroader
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:13 pm

When I used Agent, back in the old days you could go single pane and click a "toggle" button to switch between any two panes.

On a small screen, you might be better off dragging all the tabs up to the top so, there's only a single pane then just switch tabs.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby railroader » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 pm

That's what I have done, I hadn't realized that option was available,so consider that issue solved, thank you.
railroader
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support