Minor issues?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Minor issues?

Postby Quasi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm

I don't see where others have mentioned these but I noticed when I downloaded the latest headers and picked "Show Posts Special", then selected my date range to view what was available, did another download latest headers and when selecting "Reload from Disk" the date range is reversed. The newest range shows the older dates and the older range shows the newer dates.

I don't know if this one is a bug or my imagination. I subscribe to the search function you offer for Newsbin but sometimes when I do a search nothing comes up. An example would be I was doing a search for the first season of Fringe so I put "fringe s01" into the search query and since I wanted to look for HD files I selected file size filter of Min Size 500M. Nothing populated. I knew that wasn't right because I had run that same query a week or so previously and it populated fine. So I checked all of the other filters one at a time, selecting None where it was available. Also I re-selected "Subject Field" and "Internet" which already showed those as selected. After going through each filter it only populated after I selected "None" on the "Display Settings" (which I've never touched prior to this). I've only seen this happen (that I know for sure something should have populated from a search) about 3 times since updating to the 6.40-Build 2057 version. I'm sure it's possibly a coincidence in timing if your database is doing a refresh at the same times I'm doing a search to cause that??

The other night I noticed the files I had selected for download had downloaded to the selected directory but the PAR/UnRAR did not run. There showed to be enough PAR's to fix the issue but it didn't run. The files stayed queued but didn't show "Retry" or anything else...just the available PAR's were enough to fix but not doing anything. I ran my own PAR which rebuilt the corrupted files and then ran a successful WinRAR to get my .mkv file. I've never seen that happen before where it has the PAR's to run but doesn't. It didn't do it on sequential files so I can't say what the issue was, it was more like the 6th, 12th, 15th, 17th files that it did that to. I was able to successfully PAR and UnRAR all of the files that Newsbin didn't so I don't think it was a corruption issue.

My computer:
i5-2600 8Gb Win7/x64 - Newsbin runs off of a 120gb SSD drive and saves to a 2TB drive - version 6.40-Build 2057
Quasi
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/02/04

Re: Minor issues?

Postby Quade » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

don't see where others have mentioned these but I noticed when I downloaded the latest headers and picked "Show Posts Special", then selected my date range to view what was available, did another download latest headers and when selecting "Reload from Disk" the date range is reversed. The newest range shows the older dates and the older range shows the newer dates.

I'm not clear what you're saying here. You know you can change the sort order by clicking the column headers? I think you're saying the date sort order toggles between loads and it might but, a click of the date column should get it back the way you want. I can check to see if the order toggles. I don't normally notice, probably because I normally sort on date after a load. If you mean something else maybe you can give more details.

about 3 times since updating to the 6.40-Build 2057 version. I

2059 fixes a search bug. It's the current one on the site.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quasi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 pm

It's nothing to do with the columns. When you select the "Reload from Disk" it initially shows the "File Display Date Range" window and if the Use Calender box is checked the Oldest Date actually shows the newest month the the Newest date shows the older month instead of vice versa. I just ran it and took a screen shot of the calender. Once you correct it by switching it stays that way until you restart Newsbin. I can send you the snapshot if you want.

Like I said these were all minor issues that I hadn't seen mentioned previously. I'm glad about the search one being fixed. That's how I find the majority of my files...lol.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Quasi
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 pm

My interpretation of what you're saying is that you open the "Load Special" window, set a date range using the calender, then later open it again, the presets for the date which should be the same as the prior presets are reversed.

Sound right?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quasi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 am

http://s1306.beta.photobucket.com/user/quasi_five/media/newsbincalender.jpg.html

This is what I was mentioning <see link above for screenshot>. When you load a group and the available posts are shown in the main window, select "Reload from Disk." and the calender pops up. When it pops up the oldest date shows the newest month and the newest date shows the oldest month, instead of vice-versa.

I'm using the lastest available beta and the mix up is still there.
Quasi
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am

Pretty sure that's already fixed. Have you tried 6.41?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quasi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm

That screenshot is from 6.41B2 Build:2102.
Quasi
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support