minor bug - v6.40 - Remove from Download List - wrong

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

minor bug - v6.40 - Remove from Download List - wrong

Postby driverdude » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 pm

minor bug - v6.40 - Remove from Download List - wrong item removed.

Windows 7 64 bit, detached large download list on second monitor, scrolled to center of list, highlight a file in middle of large file download pending list, with lots of small items downloading and assembling at top of list, right control click for context menu popup, select "REMOVE FROM DOWNLOAD LIST" using mouse, delay a second or two to confirm in dialog, then.... somehow the highlighted focus (the selected row) is lost and migrates to another unrelated file item in a lower line. It them removes that random item.

This results in immediate loss from list of a desired file item a few lines below the targeted file item.

To have it occur you merely need to agree to the dialog that pops up for confirmation within a few seconds but slower than the time for yet another file to complete downloading.

Easily reproduced, and reliably reproduced

no big deal, just thought you should add somewhere to the todo list
driverdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/29/12

Re: minor bug - v6.40 - Remove from Download List - wrong

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Makes sense. I suppose the download list needs to be locked the second you click delete. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby driverdude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

hmmm, I don't have something in the middle of a huge list TODAY to reconfirm my prior bug, but in a test today, it seems to work fine and proper if the element highlighted is at the very bottom of a gigantic list, but up about 20 items from bottom, rather than in the middle of massive list as reported by me before. Because I did not take screen shots before I cannot outrule hallucination, but I did recall it at least not deleting the selected item 3 of 3 attempts in my original report, and THOUGHT I spotted it removing the wrong item, its just that I neglected to take screen caps to be certain. But it is interesting that if the item is near the very bottom of the list, it works even with the delay action.

Another possibility is that my keyboard was endlessly looping on usb though a buggy 420 dollar fancy kvm digital switch the letter 'c' or 'hyphen' many times per second during the anomaly yesterday, and the HID events targeted to nothing had something to do with it. It happens every now and then, and if i don't remember to stroke my keyboard and clear the spurious infinite autorepeat, some odd things happen in user interface. Example : the windows 7 taskbar (unrelated to any app) ceases to go away (will not popup/goaway). So there is a 15% possibility that was my case during all three bug attempts seen yesterday. Then again, my attempt today was only at the end of a list because everything in the middle right now is something i worry about and dont want incomplete, but would try again for you if you cannot repeat one day whenever you might get around to this possible minor bug.
driverdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/29/12

Postby gkar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 am

I've seen this too. Thought it was me having items highlighted that i thought weren't
gkar
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/12

Return to V6 Technical Support