Folder Picker Modality

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Folder Picker Modality

Postby scotte » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Version 6.40 (Build 2059)

Is there a way to make the new folder picker modal (in the config file maybe)? The old folder picker is modal, but the new one is not.

Background:
I use the X-mouse feature on Windows XP-SP3 and I am continually forced to go to Window's Taskbar to find the folder picker because it pops up and (unless my mouse is already over the spot where the folder picker appears), the main window immediately pops back on top of it. I'm an old Unix/X11 hacker and have been using X11 Autoraise (X-mouse in Windows) for almost 30 years and that ain't gonna change. Moreover, I can't use the old folder picker because....

Deep Background:
I can't drive the old folder picker with AutoHotKey (a scripting language which allows you to define hot keys that will manipulate a GUI by clicking on buttons, selecting menu items, etc). I have a large collection of images/videos (approx 7 million files spread across three 2TB drives). None of your download path options is really suitable for the sophisticated existence checks and sorting capabilities I need (nor would I expect you to do so). I'm often faced with thousands of related posts than I need to compare to what I already have. I only want to download the ones I am missing (often only a handful out of many thousands) and I want them downloaded directly into the folders where they ultimately belong. Doing that manually is incredibly time-consuming and error-prone. However, I can automate most of that with AutoHotKey. I had a working system that ran on with of Newsbin Pro version 5.53, but I am now stymied because I can't reliably drive the folder picker in 6.40. Help!
scotte
n00b
n00b

Re: Folder Picker Modality

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Be in the next beta.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support