Delete a file of a collection delete the whole collection

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Delete a file of a collection delete the whole collection

Postby Thierry » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Hello,

If on the download list I expand a file collection then select one or many part files of this collection then delete it's obviously because I want delete only THESE parts (because I had problem with download and I want download again some parts) but newsbin delete the whole collection from download list.

The work around is to create a new NZB files with only the desired parts which is not convenient.

Since a long time I hope this behavior will be changed and still not changed.

In the same way, If on the download list I expand a file collection then select one or many part files of this collection then I try to move theses parts it's obviously because I want move only THESE parts inside the collection (why ? why not !)

It seems it's impossible to act on a parts of a file collection which is very uncomfortable. I think when the collection is expanded and when we click on part then we must act on part.

What do you think abaout this ?

Thanks,

Thierry.
Thierry
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/07

Re: Delete a file of a collection delete the whole collectio

Postby Thierry » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

unfortunately no answer ...
Thierry
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm thinking about it. 6.40 is pretty much wrapped up so, there's time to consider new things. It's actually sitting there in the todo list.

My personal thought is that this is likely to cause more problems than anything else but, that doesn't mean I won't do it.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you'd want to do this though. You need all the files to get a valid download don't you? If you add the download to the download list, and it's going to a folder that already has some of the files, Newsbin won't re-download the ones you already downloaded, it'll just check them.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Thierry » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello,

Thanks for answer. On some circumstances "full auto" don't works.

Example post was not finish because poster stop to post then poster restart again. During that time I stop and restart Newsbin.

Newsbin then refuse to download some parts saying duplicate even if it's not really duplicate just because he check only the beginning of each part file so if the beginning of part was already downloaded he refuse to download again even if the part was not completely downloaded.

At that point I would like to force the download of part files are errornously tagged as duplicate unfortunately, despite of forcing download of these parts I force, in fact, the download of the whole bath of files including that was correctly fully downloaded.

argghhh !

At that point I try to delete the parts file was correctly fully downloaded in the list to avoid download again unfortunately, in fact, I delete the whole batch of file from download list.

arghhh again !!!

At that point I go back on my favorite nzb search engine and carrefully create a nzb with only the par I need, click one by one on each part file and so I can complete my download.

Not happen often OK. but when it happen I hate newsbin. when I click on something and chose "delete" I expect delete that thing. Not everything around :)

"full auto" is good. But for unforseen situation manual action shoult works as expected by basic user.

Thanks,

Thierry.
Thierry
n00b
n00b

Postby Thierry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 pm

up :(
Thierry
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Nothing really to up. 6.41 will be mainly bug fixes for 6.40. All new devel is going into 6.50. Not clear when the new 6.50 beta's going to start. Not till after 6.41 is out for sure.

If you're using NZB's. you can load the NZB using the "Load NZB" button and just add the files you want. You can do the same thing with headers or search. Just click the + icon and select the rars you want and add them file by file. They don't have to be added to the download list in a single block.

Isn't this pretty rare?

I am going to let you delete individual files but, not till 6.50.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Thierry » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Great,

I will wait for 6.50 :)

Thanks.
Thierry
n00b
n00b