How is docking suppose to work

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

How is docking suppose to work

Postby 620113 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:21 pm

How exactly is docking suppose to work. My windows inexplicably started floating, and now I can not figure out how to to lock them down. I have been unable to find any kind of explanation on how docking is suppose to work let alone the purpose of floating windows.

Is there a simple way to disable floating. I just want to get the fixed original view back.... how do I do that short of removing the program and reinstalling? Thanks.
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/25/11

Re: How is docking suppose to work

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 pm

On the options select "Reset Display Layout on Restart".

Then restart.

Now click the lock icon on top. This will prevent any kind of docking or window movement.,

Why you'd want to doc...

I have my groups list docked to the left pane and autohide set so, the groups pane is normally invisible. The thumbnail pane is docked on the right hand border so, if I want to see things, I can just dwell over the icon and the window pops open. In that way, I still have thumbs but, they aren't sitting there where just anyone can see them.

Say you don't use groups and you want the download list to be on the top section with no bottom section at all. You could move all the tabs you want up top, close the ones you don't want to see. Docking gives you control of the screen layout.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: How is docking suppose to work

Postby 620113 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:03 am

that did it! Thanks!
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/25/11

Return to V6 Technical Support