After Using VyprVPN Newsbin Will not connect to Giganews Ser

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

After Using VyprVPN Newsbin Will not connect to Giganews Ser

Postby solipsism » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello, I decided to Try Giganew's VyprVPN the other day. It worked fine. When I disconnected VPN Newsbin (latest version) would not connect to Giganews. It will give me a Incorrect username/password error or a unable to connect error.

I am still able to connect to Giganews via Newsbin on other computers on my Home network (on either of the 2 IP addresses my computers can use)or elsewere with the same credentials. So the only computer that does have this issue is the office computer on which I setup a connection to a VPN. Even after disabling (I am pretty sure I reversed everything I had done to change internet settings in order to use VPN) VPN services I am still having the same problem.

Now I am pretty sure this isn't exactly a problem with Newsbin itself, but it is somewhat related in that all my other Internet related applications work fine before and after me attempting to use VPN.

Just to clarify I am just trying to get Newsbin to connect to Giganews with NO vpn.
solipsism
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/09/09

Re: After Using VyprVPN Newsbin Will not connect to Giganews

Postby Quade » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:49 pm

What's the actual error?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby solipsism » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 pm

[09:49:20] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - news.giganews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 481 Invalid username or password

That is the latest error I am getting. Now I've re-entered my login info over and over and can't get anywhere. I've also re-entered the login information on other computers in the house and those newsbin clients work fine.
solipsism
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 pm

I had a similar error the other day and had to do a password reset at giganews site. I would have suggested that earlier but, your symptoms suggested something else.

That's what I'd do now. Do the password reset and see what happens. There's no difference between using the VPN or not with Newsbin so, I assumed that part was a wild goose chase.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby solipsism » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks for another prompt reply.

I have changed my user/login after first getting this problem last week, as in the past all my other computers worked fine except the one I was having problems with.

I am going to try again.
solipsism
n00b
n00b

Postby solipsism » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

It seems to be working now after I changed my login/password again. I guess it was just a red herring. Thanks.
solipsism
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support