Download multipart and auto-rename

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download multipart and auto-rename

Postby g51 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 am

Hi.

I've turned Auto-rename off because in multi-part messages, when i closed and reopened NB, it autorenamed the parts already downloaded and (i assumed) started downloading from the beginning. Now, when i close and reopen NB, it removes the multi-part from the download list and puts a red question-mark as an icon in front of its group entry, saying "file already on disk, no autorename" in the status column. Are these the only two options? Why doesn't it resume downloading the multi-part at the point it has stopped? I think it worked that way in the past but i'm afraid i messed with a setting and changed its behavior, can't find what though. Some help please?

P.S.: Using NB6.34 under Win7x64-SP1.
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/16/11

Re: Download multipart and auto-rename

Postby Quade » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46 am

Do you have autopar turned off? With PAR files it resumes the download by just checking the first chunk of each file. Sounds like something is preventing this mode like not having PAR files on hand or disabling autopar.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Download multipart and auto-rename

Postby g51 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:10 am

Quade wrote:Do you have autopar turned off? With PAR files it resumes the download by just checking the first chunk of each file. Sounds like something is preventing this mode like not having PAR files on hand or disabling autopar.

Well, i had disabled autopar for a few minutes but then i re-enabled it. That was when i messed around with some options too (Auto-rename, CopyStyle rename, Aggressive assembly mode, that's all i remember). After that, the problems started...

P.S.: The posts i did the tests with, do have pars...
g51
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/16/11

Return to V6 Technical Support