Several Issues

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Several Issues

Postby rcosby » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 pm

I am having several issues that I can't seem to resolve.

1. The filter buttons don't work. I have pressed the power looking button in the center. When I do that I can see the drop downs but they are not selectable.
If I type into the search box, it works as expected but no filter box works.

2. Hiding old has no effect that I can see. In the ebook conferences most of the files are single post and all of the downloaded ones continue to show up instead of
being marked as old. Furthermore, I cannot click on the top of the STATUS and have is sort the posts by status (ie group the downloads together). Clicking size, date,
from, or group all behave as expected.

One thing that is working perfectly is failing downloads because of duplicates. I suspect that if I start clean these issues will resolve themselves but I am afraid to mess this up.
I have several hundreds of gigs of files and I really don't want any duplicates. I am not sure how it keeps up with the duplicates. Are these matched on the fly with the files in the
directory or are these maintained in the database?
rcosby
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/04

Re: Several Issues

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 pm

1 - The filters should always be visible, the power button enables and disables them. It doesn't sound like you've enabled them. When you click the power button, you should see the color of the dropdowns toggle between flat and inactive and colored and active.

2 - Hide old depends on active filters. #1 in other words.

3 - The duplicate matching is stored on a file called "Signature.db3". Might want to make a backup. As long as you have that file and it's undamaged, the duplicate checker can work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby rcosby » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am

When I click the button to enable them, I see the filters on a drop down but there is no color or highlighting. I cannot select them. If I click the button again and turn them off then there is no drop down at all. If I start fresh in a new data folder then move the signature.db3 over will I be OK?
rcosby
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/04

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Are you using English language? Sounds almost like there's a problem with language.dll.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Dex is suggesting this is a color scheme issue and that the items are there but, because of your color scheme, invisible.

What happens if you make it drop down and click somewhere in the dropdown? Try min-size.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support