"INT_AssembleFile Crash","AutoRarPlugin: UnRar failed",...

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

"INT_AssembleFile Crash","AutoRarPlugin: UnRar failed",...

Postby Stefan1971HH » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi,
during the last weeks I frequently got several kinds of errors while downloading/extracting, such as:
INT_AssembleFile Crash
AutoRarPlugin: UnRar failed
CFileIOWorker: Unable to Write to SpoolIO *subject line*

in the logging tab. I think the error messages in the popping window were the same.
Complete clean new install of newsbin with new nbi file and data folder didn't fix it.
Any suggestions?
thanks
Stefan1971HH
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: "INT_AssembleFile Crash","AutoRarPlugin: UnRar failed",.

Postby Quade » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 am

I'd use 6.3RC1 to start. All of these sounds like problems writing to disk. What kind of disk is it? What changed between it working and not working?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Stefan1971HH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 am

It's a Western Digital 320 GB SATA-HD. The downlading does't stop, it's just that some of the files
are not assembled (properly).I can't think of significant system or hardware changes that could
be related to this problem.
But as you recommend to try another version, I remember now it actually happended first on 13th or 14th of december,
so it might actually be related to the NB version (though in this case more user should have same problems).
Will try your recommended version and report.
thanks
Stefan1971HH
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Stefan1971HH » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 am

I keep on getting errors like these, also messages apparently referring to server problems:
[21:04:00] ERROR Socket - Error: WSARecv Socket Error Code: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[21:04:00] ERROR NNTPSocket - Server:news-europe.giganews.com NNTPServer: Timeout - Waiting for Server to send Data: Socket - Read or Write Timeout

Can the other errors be related to Giganews too?
Stefan1971HH
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 am

Those might or might not mean anything. As long as the download continues, they can be ignored for the most part. If you're on a wireless network for example, losing the connection is pretty normal. Wireless is simply unreliable. On the other hand if nothing downloads or the data is damaged, you probably need to look at your firewall or virus scanner. They like to step on downloads and cause problems.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support