Posts from locked out poster

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Posts from locked out poster

Postby MarvinGardens » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:39 pm

I locked out a poster by right clicking on post and then ”Lockout this poster”. Poof!. All his posts disappeared. But the next day some new ones from him appeared. I checked the Rejected Poster list -- sometimes people will post under different names -- but he’s there. I clicked on the Filter Profile box which was set to the default filter for the group. I re-selected that same filter and the offending posts disappeared.

The next day there were more posts from him. Again I re-selected the filter and they disappeared.

This happens every day. New posts from a locked out poster appear until I select a filter (or None).

This only happens with one group/poster

Am I missing something?

I’m running NewsBin 6.90RC6 Build 5504
MarvinGardens
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Posts from locked out poster

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:07 pm

Are you "locking out posters" or are you adding the posters to a filter profile?

It sounds like you're adding them to a filter profile and that when new headers are being downloaded while the tab is open, they're being added because the filter isn't being applied to new imports. When you then re-apply filters, they then vanish.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby MarvinGardens » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Nope. I locked them out by right clicking on the post then selecting Lockout Poster->Lockout Poster. The filter only contains entries to Reject if Subject Contains....
MarvinGardens
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm

It's probably the same thing. That new headers show up unfiltered till you re-apply the filters. I'll have to consider how I want it to work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum