6.91RC1 build 5790 problems

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

6.91RC1 build 5790 problems

Postby triskel » Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:29 pm

1) It is no longer possible to assign a new path to downloads, neither from the wish list nor by opening a .nzb file.
2) The program (like the previous betas) at the first launches suddenly closes while processing the updated headers list.
3) It happens that the list of headers is updated correctly only on the second attempt (even when the program does not close).
4) Duplicate (downloaded) files are not detected.

My system: Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), 32 Gb RAM
triskel
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/03

Re: 6.91RC1 build 5790 problems

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:49 pm

1 - I had no problems changing the download path in the download list. I agree, "Download to" doesn't seem to be working from the wish list. The downloads show the unrar path now. So changing the download path won't change the display.

2 - I don't know about this one. It's not happening here. Wonder if it's group specific?

3 - Are you talking about like completion status? Reloading the group will also update it. I agree it's no updating first time the headers download.

4 - I'll have to look at this one.

Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby triskel » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:26 am

Maybe I solved problem n. 2.
Not being able to download the headers of a certain period, I have never purged the groups, so I can only download (and see) only the latest headers each time.
After clicking "download last headers" just wait for the HD to finish spinning (and the cache number in brackets reaches zero), then click on "Show Post Special", select an interval (i.e. last two days) and the updated headers list appears, without Newsbin closing suddenly.

P.S.: I take your pardon, I would like a clarification (my English isn't that great...): the option "Download special >> download 50,000 older posts" downloads the headers from the most recent backwards, or the 50,000 oldest posts (from the oldest forwards)? It's not clear to me... Thank you.
triskel
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/03

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:52 pm

P.S.: sorry, I would like a clarification (my English isn't that great...): the option "Download special >> download 50,000 older posts" downloads the headers from the most recent backwards, or the 50,000 oldest posts (from the oldest forwards)? It's not clear to me... Thank you.

Assuming your group is

|---------------------------> Current posts.

Download next 50K posts should add to the back

|----|------------------------------->Current posts.

That new segment should be 50,000 posts.

If you already have all the posts for the group. It probably won't do anything.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support