Can't See Headers

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Can't See Headers

Postby tapndog1 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:26 pm

I am trying to download 4 groups at the same time, one will take several hours as the others have completed. When I try to "show posts" only the group name appears but the headers do not. I have had this problem before and had to restart NewsBin in order to get the headers to show. If I do this though, I will have to start downloading the headers for the larger group all over. Is there a way to work around this or do I just have to wait for the larger group to finish and then restart?
tapndog1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't See Headers

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:03 am

, I will have to start downloading the headers for the larger group all over.

Not if you just tell it to download headers normally. Once you "download all headers" one time, it'll continue to download them from there it last left off.

I doubt restarting will fix anything though. Since you're downloading from 4 groups at once. It might just mean that the headers for the particular group you're looking at haven't been imported yet. What's your "Storage Age" set to? If it's set to a shorter age than the age of the newly downloaded headers, the new headers are just deleted out of hand until you get headers newer than "Storage Age".
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support