Group Not Updating

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Group Not Updating

Postby Lee Thompson » Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm

I have a "Soundtracks" folder and in it I have "alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.soundtracks".

For some reason, when newsbin does it's hourly header update (or if I update the folder manually), it does NOT update the headers for this group.

If I right click on the group and update headers it works fine.

I tried deleting all the posts for the group, then the group itself, exiting newsbin, relaunching newsbin, adding the group again... same issue.

6.7.0 b4600 (x64)
Windows 7 x64
8 GB RAM
Lee Thompson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: Group Not Updating

Postby Lee Thompson » Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm

(It's not a terribly active group, but there is one poster who is fairly good but only posts about once a week.)

I went through the nbi file and found that the group was listed TWICE, once with a.b. and once with alt.binaries.

I backed up the nbi file made and did some edits, we'll see how it goes.
Lee Thompson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby dexter » Mon May 16, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm not seeing any posts newer than a week or so. Looks like it has dried up for now. A manual update may appear to be downloading new headers but it's probably just observing a default header overlap and only downloads a small number of the newest headers. In this case, those are a week old.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Lee Thompson » Tue May 17, 2016 12:54 am

dexter wrote:I'm not seeing any posts newer than a week or so. Looks like it has dried up for now. A manual update may appear to be downloading new headers but it's probably just observing a default header overlap and only downloads a small number of the newest headers. In this case, those are a week old.

It's not just posts weren't showing up the updated time in the group list wasn't updating either.

Anyway, editing the .nbi fixed the problem. The group was essentially listed twice. I still have the original .nbi.
Lee Thompson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support