NB/Sickrage integration Errors

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

NB/Sickrage integration Errors

Postby dougm1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:23 pm

What exactly do nb's (remote) integration error msgs like this tell me? "LOW TCP Command: 400 Command not Recognized"

Does Sickrage have a larger repertoire of commands than nb has the capacity to act on, or vice versa? What info exactly do the apps exchange aside from Sickrage sending a download url to Newsbin? Does nb tell sick beard that a download was completed successfully, that a download failed, that a download unrared successfully?
dougm1
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/03/09

Re: NB/Sickrage integration Errors

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:06 am

Can you turn the logging up and see what sickrage is saying to Newsbin? Newsbin support the commands I saw SB and Sonarr sending. There are other commands it doesn't support. I'd need to know which ones they're trying to add them.

I was under the impression rage and sickbeard were nearly the same.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dougm1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Here is a (small) pair of concomitant errors sets from nb and sickrage. It's not much data, but it's really all that I see of the problem in the logs. As you can see, the log data go in opposite chronological order. I should point out, for what it's worth, Sickrage's "SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH" is a daily backlog search. I have Sickrage's Torrent search capability enabled as a fallback in case my usenet indexer doesn't have what I'm looking for. Hopefully, the errors listed below will help in troubleshooting. Perhaps the fact that Sickerage's SABnzb communication error and Torrent search's py fail suggest that I have a port collision issue - or some such thing.

Sick Rage
2015-11-19 04:30:20 SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: error
2015-11-19 04:26:33 SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [KickAssTorrents] :: Failed parsing provider. Traceback: 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "C:\\SickRage\\SickRage\\sickbeard\\providers\\kat.py", line 102, in _doSearch\n data = xmltodict.parse(HTMLParser.HTMLParser().unescape(data.encode(\'utf-8\')).decode(\'utf-8\').replace(\'&\', \'&\'))\n File "C:\\SickRage\\Python\\lib\\encodings\\cp1252.py", line 15, in decode\n return codecs.charmap_decode(input,errors,decoding_table)\nUnicodeDecodeError: \'charmap\' codec can\'t decode byte 0x8f in position 4442: character maps to \n'
2015-11-19 04:16:41 SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: error
2015-11-19 04:07:27 SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: error
2015-11-19 03:56:33 SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [KickAssTorrents] :: Failed parsing provider. Traceback: 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "C:\\SickRage\\SickRage\\sickbeard\\providers\\kat.py", line 102, in _doSearch\n data = xmltodict.parse(HTMLParser.HTMLParser().unescape(data.encode(\'utf-8\')).decode(\'utf-8\').replace(\'&\', \'&\'))\n File "C:\\SickRage\\Python\\lib\\encodings\\cp1252.py", line 15, in decode\n return codecs.charmap_decode(input,errors,decoding_table)\nUnicodeDecodeError: \'charmap\' codec can\'t decode byte 0x8f in position 311: character maps to \n'

Newsbin
[04:07:27] ERROR SB - Connection to the NZB Source has failed
[04:07:27] ERROR SickBeard Integration: Error Reported
[04:16:41] ERROR SB - Connection to the NZB Source has failed
[04:16:41] ERROR SickBeard Integration: Error Reported
[04:30:20] ERROR SB - Connection to the NZB Source has failed
[04:30:20] ERROR SickBeard Integration: Error Reported
dougm1
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:57 pm

You know, it seems like you're asking it to pull torrents and not NZB's.

Unless I don't understand what you're doing. I assume "[KickAssTorrents]" returns torrents and not NZB files.

Maybe the error message is unrelated. Assuming it really is an NZB download problem, it seems like they're asking Newsbin to download the NZB and the NZB download is failing. So the problem doesn't seem to be invalid commands but failure to download NZB's.

Who are you trying to download the NZB's from? What search service? Are they all failing or does it just fail from time to time.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby dougm1 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm using UNS as my primary unlimited usenet download account plus a couple of block accounts. I maintain my own usenet indexer (nZEDb) as my primary, Usnetcrawler, Sickbeard Index, Wombles, and then Kickass Torrents as fall backs, in that order. I do have both usenet/nzb and torrent search modalities enabled on Sickrage. It would seem plausible that Sickrage is sending Torrent search commands to Newsbin in error, except for the fact that I configured the uTorrent host port as "http://127.0.0.1:7070/" and the SABnzbd (Newsbin) server URL/port is "http://localhost:8000/". (127.0.0.1 same as localhost, right?). All things considered, my system (Newsbin/Sickrage/uTorrent) works pretty well as an integrated package and Sickrage only resorts to Torrent searchs/downloads when the nzb indexers don't have listings or completes. Maybe I'm just pissing into the wind. The intergation failure errors are sporadic and maybe they just don't have real impact on overall performance - I really don't know how to quantify "system performance" anyway: it either works or it dosen't. I know it probably runs counter to your business model, but have you given any though (as if you hadn't) to integrating Torrent functionality in Newsbin? I'm sure a lot of people would love it and I don't think it diminishes the monetary value Newsbin at all - quite the contrary, infact. Lastly, thank you for your attentiveness and diligence.
dougm1
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 pm

but have you given any though (as if you hadn't) to integrating Torrent functionality in Newsbin? I'm sure a lot of people would love it and I don't think it diminishes the monetary value Newsbin at all - quite the contrary, infact. Lastly, thank you for your attentiveness and diligence.

The problem with Torrents is that they're inherently unsafe. Maybe that doesn't matter anymore but if you're going to get sued or warnings from your ISP, it'll be because of torrents and not Usenet. That's the primary reason I don't add it. Doesn't mean I won't though. Just have to think about it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support