Download to Folder goes to Group default folder

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download to Folder goes to Group default folder

Postby rbaer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 am

I have default folders set up for each Group.

When I do a "Download to Folder", I expect NBP64 to download the files to the folder I choose.

It's not. Instead it is downloading the files to the folder I specify, then moving them to the Group default folder.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. select files from Group, put them in Wish List.

2. select files in Wish List, right-click and choose "Download to Folder"
3. I create a folder, select it, and click on OK.

4. watching File Explorer, I see the folder created where I chose, and the files are downloaded to it.

5. after the download completes, the files are moved from the new folder to the Group default folder, not including the just-created folder. The just-created folder is deleted.

Fortunately the "Move File(s)" function works great, unfortunately I have to use it to move the files to the proper folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Bob Baer
rbaer
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Re: Download to Folder goes to Group default folder

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:00 am

Does it "move" the files or is it unraring the files to the other folder? Each download has two paths. The download path and the unrar path. "Download to folder" from the wish list is changing the download path but not the unrar path so, I suspect you real problem is that the unrar path remains what it was when you originally added the file to the wish list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby rbaer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm downloading an album, but each track is listed separately as a .flac file. So no, this should not be an unrar problem.

The poster did include a .par file though, and NBP64 is merging it into the .nfo for some reason, so I get it no matter what when I select the nfo for download.

I can see the par file while the tracks are downloading... If I delete the par file, the folder and tracks are not touched when download completes.

However, if I do not delete the par file, the contents of the folder are moved to the Group default folder, and the original download target folder is deleted.

Sounds like NB looks to see if there is a par file and handles the folder as a rar folder if there is. Not a valid assumption in this case.

You can double-check me...

<TMI>

and before anyone chimes in, I DO own this Time-Life series and appreciate someone ripping them for me...
Bob Baer
rbaer
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I can see the par file while the tracks are downloading... If I delete the par file, the folder and tracks are not touched when download completes.

Files follow the PAR file. Otherwise repair won't work so, I'd say the issue is that you're downloading the par to a different folder than the files themselves and then the files get moved to the same folder as the PAR. If you included the PAR when you "wish list" the files, you could make them stay together. Alternatively you could simply queue them all together directly to the download list.

If you Ctrl-R the par/nfo set you can read the NFO without actually downloading it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby rbaer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

I agree with you, but I was downloading the par file to the same folder as the other files. And when the download finished, it moved all files in the folder to the Group default folder and deleted the download folder. Tested it several times and it did the same thing consistently: Delete the par file from the download folder, all is well - leave the par file and all files moved to the group default.
Bob Baer
rbaer
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:20 am

. And when the download finished, it moved all files in the folder to the Group default folder and deleted the download folder.

I'll have to think about it. How about trying to "Download to New Folder" from the post list, an entire set of files including the PAR files and see if they end up where you expect? I still think the passage through the wish list is part of the problem.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support