Download Indicator

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download Indicator

Postby tuxlie » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 am

I have multiple watch lists set up to downloaded files posted weekly in a group of group list

When I click download new headers everything goes fine and then the files in my watch topics are magically added to my download queue.
When I load the headers manually though and go through them there is nothing to indicate that the files is going to be downloaded or queued for download.

This makes me think that Newsbin has, for some reason, missed the file and I tick it for download. Its either that or look through my queued download list to see if the file is there (it always seems to be)
So I end up doing it twice.

Is there some way that when a file is added to the download queue from a watchlist it is ticked as being downloaded or the post changes colour to "downloading files" ? (I seem to remember it doing this before)
tuxlie
n00b
n00b

Re: Download Indicator

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 am

They should be getting tagged. Are you using headers, internet search or both?

There's a file called "Downloadmarker.db3" in the data folder. (options/settings/open data folder). You might want to open the data folder from the options, exit Newsbin, then delete this file. When you restart Newsbin it'll get re-created. I'm guessing that this file has become corrupted.

One issue is that headers and internet search for the same files don't always have the same subject so, downloadmarker might mark it for headers but not search or visa versa.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support