Duplicate detector problem and V 6.60 issue.

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Duplicate detector problem and V 6.60 issue.

Postby NetNut » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Ever since i upgraded from version 5 to version 6, 99,5% of all files comes up as "HFC:Duplicate detector match: file name" and then it puts the files in failed files list. I have since tried to keep record of what i download but it's getting harder as time goes by. How does the duplicate detector "know" when a file is a duplicate and where is that data stored ? Is it possible to reset the duplicate data to be able to use the function again ?

I recently upgraded to V 6.60 but had to downgrade again due to two problems:
1. Download list from 6.56 was gone after upgrade no entries to download, downgrade fixed the problem.
2. Newsbin stopped downloading when unrar was working, regardless of checked box or not, cache was in use about 200 free of 500 (set at 500 since i have quite fast download speeds and 200 sometimes ran out).
NetNut
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/12/08

Re: Duplicate detector problem and V 6.60 issue.

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm

1 - Signature.db3 contains the duplicate data. You can click "Open Data Folder" in the options, exit Newsbin then delete this file.

2 - The download list from 6.56 isn't brought forward to 6.6X. You could export the files as an NZB and re-import.

3 - Newsbin will continue to download during unrar till the cache runs out so for 500 blocks worth in your case. Some people increase this. It's about 1 meg per block of memory usage. The change was because the download can get way ahead of the unrar which causes problems. I'm actually working on changes to both solve that problem and allow download to continue even when the cache runs out.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support