Paged loading in 6.6

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Paged loading in 6.6

Postby brcarls » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:33 am

"Download List and Files List now perform a paged loading. It does not load the entire list from the DB, only what is needed to display."

Is there an option to disable this? It makes it incredibly difficult to sort/arrange lists.
brcarls
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/22/15

Re: Paged loading in 6.6

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 am

Are you running the latest?

The display loads fully now and the "page in" stuff only applies when the download actually starts downloading. So functionally it should work like it used to.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby brcarls » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:54 am

Quade wrote:Are you running the latest?

The display loads fully now and the "page in" stuff only applies when the download actually starts downloading. So functionally it should work like it used to.

I downloaded it this morning from http://www.newsbin.com/download.php?reg ... rsion=6.60

I did a Search and added a few hundred files. They seem to trickle in a handful at a time as I delete ones I don't want. Then I have to resort and cull some more. I had assumed this was new behavior because I don't remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't added a lot of files from a search in months, so I may be mistaken.
brcarls
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:05 am

I did a Search and added a few hundred files. They seem to trickle in a handful at a time as I delete ones I don't want. Then I have to resort and cull some more. I had assumed this was new behavior because I don't remember having this problem in the past, but I haven't added a lot of files from a search in months, so I may be mistaken.

Yeah this probably isn't page loading. What is new is that when you add downloads they go into the download list DB first and are then displayed. If the download DB is slow then I imagine adding files will be slow. For example if you're downloading at the same time you're trying to add new files you might just be hitting a disk bottleneck. You could try hitting the main pause button to pause the download and then try adding to the download list and see what happens.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby brcarls » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:09 am

Quade wrote:
you might just be hitting a disk bottleneck.

I think that's it. It took 30 mins or so but they finally all showed up.

Sorry for the false alarm.
brcarls
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support