UnRAR-ing into nothingness...

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

UnRAR-ing into nothingness...

Postby astrax » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:22 pm

unless I manually choose the "Assign a new Un-RAR Path" for the files.

For example my standard Unrar-folder is, and was until the update, D:\EXTRACT\$(GROUP)\ but nothing goes there. The files seem to unrar (and are moved to recycle bin) correctly, but are nowhere to be found.
[edit] seems like they are still unrared into the download folder which is N:\Newsbin\$(GROUP)\...

I'm experiencing a similar behaviour with "download to existing folder", which I often use for NZBs. The seem to be d/l, but never appear in the specified folder. Only if I SHIFT-Y download them again, they actually download (in their respective group folder though).

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Re: UnRAR-ing into nothingness...

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 pm

I'd suggest that you don't have an unrar path set in the options. I'd look there first anyway.

The default is to download and unrar into the download folder unless you set folders that tell it to unrar someplace else.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby astrax » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

The default is to download and unrar into the download folder unless you set folders that tell it to unrar someplace else.

I assume that was the problem, even the download list was empty, and I had set a path, newly added files would not be unrared there. Seems to be OK now though, after finishing th queue.

Same goes for the "download to existing folder". Loaded NZBs are now going into the right place.

astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Postby Quade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:01 am

Files already in the list already have a path set. It's only new files that obey the change in pathing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support