Download Misses Parts

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download Misses Parts

Postby criticalbill » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:19 pm

I am using the version 6.60 Build 4163 and sometimes when I select Download on a grouped header the download will start but not all the parts are flagged to be downloaded which means I have to then manually select the parts that are missing. Yesterday I downloaded 22 grouped headers and not a single one was downloaded completely, some ignore 1 part whilst others ignore 5 or 6 parts.
criticalbill
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/21/09

Re: Download Misses Parts

Postby malhusky » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 pm

I have experienced the same thing. It misses downloading some of the posts. I typically see it when I manually select one or more in the list to examine and then go back and select the header to get the remainder of the list. It will leave some of the posts out, usually near the end. Also, unlike the prior version, it doesn't seem to mark each individual file for download with a check mark anymore.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/13/10

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm not really getting what you guys are doing. You expanding (+ icon) and adding each file to the download list instead of adding the entire set?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby malhusky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:46 pm

I'll expand the set to get maybe the first one or two files. After that I may click on the check box for the entire list to get the remaining files. I sometimes find that they don't all download. I'm not sure if that's due to an error in getting some of the files or if it just left some of them out. There is nothing in the Failed Files list. I never went back to check the Logging list. Since the new version doesn't put a check next to each file prior to downloading when you click on the header it's difficult to say what the cause was.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 am

I'd look in the download list, not the post list. In the download list can click on the + sign and see the progress of each file download.

Your comment suggests you're trying to track the download from a post listing, not the download list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby malhusky » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Ok. I downloaded the first two files in the list individually. I then marked the header so it would download the remaining files. I looked in the Download list and all of the files were there and marked. I seem to think it also used to put checks in the group tab file list as well, but that was a while back. When it got to processing the end of the list the three files at the end just vanished from the download list. A .nfo file was near the end and I noticed this message in the Logging tab...ALWAYS Chunk Filter: Chunk Filter Plugin HFC:Duplicate Detector Match: the .nfo file name. In addition, on the Failed Files tab each individual file, along with the header, had an error...Duplicate Detection: the file has already been downloaded. I had already downloaded the 1st two files so theoretically those would be a duplicate. In earlier releases I believe the software would just ignore that. However it flagged all of the others but still downloaded them, that is except for the final 3. They never got loaded. The PARs went into the Wish List as I had configured. On the Group tab the header and first file were RED with an exclamation mark. All of the others, except the last 3, had been marked as read.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:03 am

I had already downloaded the 1st two files so theoretically those would be a duplicate.

1 - You can turn off the duplicate detector in the advanced options.

2 - If you add the entire set, you can just pause it after two rars download. Then unpause if you want the rest or delete. You can ask Newsbin to sample too as long as at least the first RAR has downloaded.

3 - If your really want the files, you can add the rest of the files with a Ctrl-Y instead of a normal download to bypass the duplicate detector.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby malhusky » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Actually I want it to check for duplicates and I'd rather just mark the header rather than each file. In the previous version I think that, as long as program hadn't been closed and reopened, what I have done always worked and the files weren't flagged as duplicates. It simply just didn't download them again but continued with the ones that hadn't been loaded yet. The new version shows this new problem. I'm guessing that it must have something to do with the .nfo file although i don't know why. That's the only file with a message in the Log tab. I never opened or previously downloaded that file. The .nfo file is near the very end of the list of files being processed. I think the program starts to process that file just before or during the time it begins processing the last few data files and then just aborts. Maybe it's just because processing has gotten to the end of the list. I think there might have been one file after the .nfo, like maybe a .sfv file. I'm allowing 7 connections.
Last edited by malhusky on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:08 pm

It simply just didn't download them again but continued with the ones that hadn't been loaded yet

By adding the individual files to the download list, they get added to the duplicate detector. When you add a complete set, the dup data doesn't get added till after the complete set has downloaded. Sounds to me like you were depending on a bug which has since been fixed.

I'd say if you download 2 rars from the set, then decide you want it, use Ctrl-Y to add the main set without the dup detector. You've already decided you wanted it at that point. Ctrl-Y won't re-download the two you already downloaded in the latest version.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby malhusky » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Ok. I'll give it a shot. I think I preferred the version with the bug. Less work and brain power required. Sounds like it may have been doing roughly the equivalent of Ctl-Y in the previous version.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Why not just add the the entire set and let it download 2 rars, then pause the set?

If you don't want to pause it, you can send it to the bottom of the list too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby malhusky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:27 pm

That's an option. I tried Ctrl Y and it worked. I just need to remember to do that instead of marking the header.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support