How to fix confusion of loading NZB files of the same name

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

How to fix confusion of loading NZB files of the same name

Postby jh20001 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:04 pm

I hope I explain this right. Ever since...sometime this year, something updated in Newsbin where it started doing this.

Scenario...

- I download an NZB file named "Charts.nzb" and the download fails because it detects spam or the posts were missing
- I download later another NZB called "Charts.nzb" that has something completely different in it and it immediately fails thinking it was the old one...even though the post list is different. Because of this, I have to always select download and bypass filters every single time instead of just...enter.

also....if I wanted multiple current downloads to go to the same folder, I would just keep loading the NZB's under the same file name. It used to add each item to the download list separately. Due to the same change this year, now it adds everything mixed up into the same download slot.

I have tried fishing through the settings so many times and haven't found anything to fix this.
jh20001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/06

Re: How to fix confusion of loading NZB files of the same na

Postby Quade » Mon May 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Newsbin doesn't care what name the NZB File is. That's not why it's rejecting the NZB with the same name. In the advanced options, how about disabling the duplicate detector and see what happens.

also....if I wanted multiple current downloads to go to the same folder, I would just keep loading the NZB's under the same file name. It used to add each item to the download list separately. Due to the same change this year, now it adds everything mixed up into the same download slot.

I don't understand what you mean here.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support