Download latest headers not working

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download latest headers not working

Postby NewsGroup55 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:09 am

Hey guys,

After a shock power out (can't remember the last time), I've lost the newsbin config. After searching and realising I'm out of luck due to an older version of Newsbin (doesn't have the backup feature), I've started the config again.

Now the problem Image link not allowed for unregistered users I've got a few groups that are constantly updated with headers. After adding them again to newsbin, I can't get the program to continue downloading the headers from the same point before the power out. When I select 'download latest' it will begin downloading all the headers from the group. I've checked the files in the data folder and they are all there. I can also select 'show posts' from the group list and it will load all the headers.

I've entered all the server info as before (Astraweb) and I'm fairly sure all the options are the same pre power out. Is there aything else I'm missing? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
NewsGroup55
n00b
n00b

Re: Download latest headers not working

Postby Quade » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 am

I'll bet the server name isn't exactly the same. You can reset a group to use "Download Age" by right clicking the group "Post Storage/Use Download Age" then setting a short "download age". Then download latest.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support