Which db3 file is corrupted?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Which db3 file is corrupted?

Postby eclapwannabe » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:12 am

I am going along just I have always done.

I set up folder A for group "A"
I set up folder B for group "B"
But what is happening is if I leave NBP for a few minutes and go back to a newsgroup I am downloading from it is not remembering the folder I set up in "properties". The "download to existing folder" is opening up in the last group that I downloaded to not the folder I setup in properties.

TIA always
ECWB
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: Which db3 file is corrupted?

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:30 am

But what is happening is if I leave NBP for a few minutes and go back to a newsgroup I am downloading from it is not remembering the folder I set up in "properties". The "download to existing folder" is opening up in the last group that I downloaded to not the folder I setup in properties.

I'm not sure there's a connection between what you set in the properties and what open up as the default folder. When you set a download folder in the groups, that's the download folder it uses then you don't actually specify a download folder in the right click.

Do you have "Open to Download Folder" checked in the advanced options? By default it uses the last folder as the base when it opens the folder picker.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Which db3 file is corrupted?

Postby eclapwannabe » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Okay I will try that. It has always worked that way before. I wonder how that optioned got unchecked.
There must be a newsbin pro gremlin running around inside my computer. :(

thanks
ecwb
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Return to V6 Technical Support