Files in limbo after downloading

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Files in limbo after downloading

Postby rassafratz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:12 pm

I set up about a dozen small videos for downloading about 5 hours ago.
A half hour ago I checked and all but 3 files had downloaded.
However, those 3 files are all green and LOOK like they're complete, but they haven't been saved to disk NOR are there any associated nb2 files in my download directory.
These 3 files are, in order, 36, 25 and 35mb
The "status" window shows:
[1 files, 0 pars] D:0 DL:1 Inc:0
The R values are 18,17,16 respectively, and the N countdowns range from 1500-1800

So what in hell is NB going to "retry", and how do I get it moving?
rassafratz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/29/13

Re: Files in limbo after downloading

Postby Quade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:25 pm

What version are you using? If not 6.53RC1, you should upgrade. Then try again.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby rassafratz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Okay, I just closed my version 6.42 and upgraded to 6.53rc1 (and why is there an "rc" version AFTER a "final" version?)
In any event. I opened NB and it started downloading the 3 files - from scratch.
And then after maybe 20-30 seconds it aborted all 3 with "HFC:Duplicate Detector Match" messages.
Anticipating a problem, I made an NZB of the files I was trying to download, so I'll try loading that now and try bypassing the filters.

---> as it's going observations:

It seemed to have found about 6megs of the 3rd (35mb) file, and looks like it's redownloading from there.
About 30 seconds later it seems to have found 8megs of the 1st (36mb) file, while the 3rd file has increased to 20 megs found
It keeps adding segments faster than my megabit DSL, so I'm guessing it's recovering my previously downloaded data. I'll sign off and let you know how it went when it's finished.

DOH!!! Now if I can just get rid of these messages that keep popping up to annoy me:
[20:15:32] ERROR Error: WSARecv Socket Error Code: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[20:15:32] ERROR Error: WSARecv Socket Error Code: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
rassafratz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby rassafratz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Okay...as they say, "there's good news and there's bad news"

The good news is that the files finished downloading with my "NZB/bypass filter" routine.
The bad (or actually "weird") news is that they WERE duplicates.
The first one downloaded and when I viewed it I knew I'd already downloaded it. So I looked in my save directory and all 3 files were already there.

Maybe I saved those 3 files before NB closed the data bar in the download window? Since I didn't save any "nb2" files, I don't see how that's possible.

In any event, I have the files I wanted which is good, and I have the latest version of NB which makes any 6.42 problems effectively moot.

Thanks Quade!
rassafratz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:14 pm

6.53 isn't final. 6.52 is the current official release. It's got a couple issues which is why 6.53 is in the wings. I recommend it over 6.52 right now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support