Version 6.** not updating

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Version 6.** not updating

Postby redsoxfan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 am

I've been using Newsbin for quite awhile. For the past several versions, if I have a group window up, and click the button to update, sometimes it will, and sometimes it won't. Also, I've noticed that, when I open up a Newsgroup, and see that the newest posts are 2 or 3 days old, I go into Options, set the Download Age to a day older than the newest posts showing, and then click the button to update, and then all the new posts appear. Is this the only workaround, or is this a known bug in this version? It's annoying, having to do that to make sure that I'm getting all the newest posts.
redsoxfan
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/02

Re: Version 6.** not updating

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:30 pm

1 - What's your storage age set to? I'm having no issues with headers. I use them every day.

2 - Download age doesn't do anything if you've already downloaded headers at least once. It's most likely an illusion that it solves your problem.

I think you're downloading headers and not waiting long enough for them to show up in the post list. Then you change things and in the mean time the headers got processed and are ready to view. If you look down at the status bar after a header download, a number in parens represents the number of block of data that are currently being imported. Until that goes to zero, you wont see the most current records.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support