Multiple Servers

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Multiple Servers

Postby duggydugg123 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Hello...

Could anyone tell me if it possible to automatically add multiple servers to Newsbin Pro from a list or config file rather than add one at a time by hand ?

Thanks
duggydugg123
n00b
n00b

Re: Multiple Servers

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm

The configuration is a text file. You could add the servers to the text file. Just pattern it after the existing servers. The configuration files end in .NBI. I'd add at least one server then look at the configuration file to see how it's done. Each server needs a name and address at a minimum.

If you're trying to use a bunch of free servers, I think you'll end up disappointed.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby duggydugg123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:44 am

Quade wrote:The configuration is a text file. You could add the servers to the text file. Just pattern it after the existing servers. The configuration files and in .NBI. I'd add at least one server then look at the configuration file to see how it's done. Each server needs a name and address at a minimum.

If you're trying to use a bunch of free servers, I think you'll end up disappointed.

Thanks Quade for the info just what I needed....yeah I know the free servers would be of no use.

Thanks

Duggy
duggydugg123
n00b
n00b

Postby duggydugg123 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Quade wrote:The configuration is a text file. You could add the servers to the text file. Just pattern it after the existing servers. The configuration files end in .NBI. I'd add at least one server then look at the configuration file to see how it's done. Each server needs a name and address at a minimum.

The password in the file is encrypted no ? is there any way I can enter the password manually ?
duggydugg123
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

It's mime encoded. It's just to prevent people from seeing it over you shoulder if you look at the file.

Worse comes to worse, just keep changing the password on an existing server, hit the save button, then cut and paste it from that server entry.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby duggydugg123 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Quade wrote:It's mime encoded. It's just to prevent people from seeing it over you shoulder if you look at the file.
Worse comes to worse, just keep changing the password on an existing server, hit the save button, then cut and paste it from that server entry.

That's great......Thanks Quade.
duggydugg123
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support