NZB`S COMING DOWN IN FOLDERS AND NOT AS FILES?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

NZB`S COMING DOWN IN FOLDERS AND NOT AS FILES?

Postby dojoman1959 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 am

Downloading as a folder and not files? I have used Newsbin for a long time, and when d/l, any files that came down went straight to my d/l folder as a single file, but now everytime I d/l it is coming down as a complete folder with the main file plus other info files as well inside this folder. How do I get back to how they used to d/l ?
dojoman1959
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/15/06

Re: NZB`S COMING DOWN IN FOLDERS AND NOT AS FILES?

Postby itimpi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 am

What do you have the Download path set to?

I assume that you are talking about how the files appear on disk, not about how they are displayed in the Download list?
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby dojoman1959 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 pm

This is a screenshot of my d/l folder it is a folder on one of my external hard drives. It has always been set to this and has never been changed.
The latest d/l is the blah which you can see as a folder, the ones below the blah folder are MKV files that have been d/l and this is how all my files used to d/l. Is there anyway to revert back to d/l files instead of folders?
dojoman1959
n00b
n00b

Postby bobsmo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Check your download file path....when I upgraded from 6.42 to 6.5, it automatically appended the param \$(NZBFILE) on to the download path......
bobsmo
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/24/04

Postby dexter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Please don't post information about specific content. I modified your post.

If you answer itimpi's question, we can probably help. Go under Options/Setup and tell us what your download paths are set to. Also, do you have UnRAR folder configured? If so, this could be why you are now seeing folder instead of individual files.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dojoman1959 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 pm

dexter wrote:Please don't post information about specific content. I modified your post.

If you answer itimpi's question, we can probably help. Go under Options/Setup and tell us what your download paths are set to. Also, do you have UnRAR folder configured? If so, this could be why you are now seeing folder instead of individual files.

Sorry about that. Thankfully bobsmo advice has sorted it and it is now back to what it was :)
dojoman1959
n00b
n00b

Postby dojoman1959 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 am

Right this is starting to annoy me now :evil: This problem has started again even though no settings have been changed.

My download path is, Main d/l, J:\Documents\Documents\NEWSBIN\ this is the same as has it has been for the last 12 months, I haven`t changed a thing.
The d/l path for NZB files is also the same as above, again no change in the last 12 months.
There is no Unrar folder set up.
Can someone please help me as this is not the way I want to d/l any files.
dojoman1959
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 am

Files you already queued for download already have a path. So any changes you make only apply to new downloads.

You can just look at the download list to see the path the files already have. Then add a new item to the path and see what path it's getting.

Keep in mind that if the RAR has an embedded path, this path gets added to the download. That means it's not a Newsbin setting at all. You might want to check whether the RAR has an embedded path.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support