Control Panel down?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Control Panel down?

Postby DeadSerious » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 am

I'm getting pop-ups that I can't d/l from search, although I'm subscribed to search service. Can't get to control panel; tries connecting, but then times out.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Re: Control Panel down?

Postby itimpi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 am

DeadSerious wrote:I'm getting pop-ups that I can't d/l from search, although I'm subscribed to search service. Can't get to control panel; tries connecting, but then times out.

No trouble getting to Control Panel here. If it is still happening to you it is probably something between you and the Newsbin server that runs Control Panel.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby mascarion » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:31 am

I had the same message appear. I subsequently had issues downloading files so I attempted a re-install. The 6.42 install failed as it couldn't reach the server which contained the latest executables. I can only assume the two issues are related. Looks like the search and install server may be one and the same. I have posted the install issue separately.

If it helps I am located in the UK, others which don't have issues are probably connecting via a different route which is why they aren't having the same problem.
mascarion
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 am

Search is working here. There's something up though. I can't get to the main website.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby DeadSerious » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Quade wrote:Search is working here. There's something up though. I can't get to the main website.

Just to be clear, the search itself was working. I just couldn't then d/l from search results. For whatever reason (the control panel/site being unreachable?), I wasn't being verified as a subscriber, I think. The site is reachable now, and most things seem back to normal, but I keep getting a 400 error for one of my servers, so now I've got to figure that out.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Postby Quade » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:16 pm

We had a couple hours of downtime this morning.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support