newsbin still trying to use old server

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

newsbin still trying to use old server

Postby gimpacause » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 am

hi all im having a weird issue where newsbin is trying to download from astraweb, but i no longer have that account i've deleted all my servers and set up the new one using newshosting

but i receive the following error in newsbin

[14:51:55] HIGH - Failed to retrieve Article from Server:NewsHosting ARTICLE <1366335489.25819.49@eu.news.astraweb.com>
| 430 No Such Article

any ideas i did purchase my newsbin through the astraweb deal, but i would doubt that would make a difference

thank you
gimpacause
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/19/12

Re: newsbin still trying to use old server

Postby itimpi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:24 am

gimpacause wrote:hi all im having a weird issue where newsbin is trying to download from astraweb, but i no longer have that account i've deleted all my servers and set up the new one using newshosting

but i receive the following error in newsbin

[14:51:55] HIGH - Failed to retrieve Article from Server:NewsHosting ARTICLE <1366335489.25819.49@eu.news.astraweb.com>
| 430 No Such Article

any ideas i did purchase my newsbin through the astraweb deal, but i would doubt that would make a difference

thank you

That is not Newsbin trying to use Astraweb - it is merely that the post in question was originally uploaded to Astraweb, and its name has been embedded in the message-Id for the post.

In fact it looks as though that error message relates to Newshosting and that server is giving a 430 error saying it does not have the post.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Return to V6 Technical Support