6.42 Download path and chucks server colors

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

6.42 Download path and chucks server colors

Postby Misser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am

Okay bad excuse 101.
I'm a long time newsbin user (3.xx since ehhh 2003??) Since the .nzb path I run it mostly untended, dropping .nzb from my laptop into the directory.

Somehow since the last updates the download path behaviour has changed (iirc v6.31 or version before worked like that). When I manually select downloads from headers it used to go into my selected path $group/filename. Now all files unpack in the same directory .(or in \search directory). That option seems to be removed it now downloads to the default download path. But in the .tmp directory it does download according to group name! nzb do unpack in urar folder\$(nzbfile) path.

And where did the colors go for chuncks? Header download shows selected colors for selected severs but chuncks are all blue? Different colors for chucks did show me performance of usenet servers!

Regards
Misser
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/20/03

Re: 6.42 Download path and chucks server colors

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 am

I'm not really following the path thing. What do you have the download, NZB Download and unrar path set to?

As for the colors, if you hit the + icon on the downloaded items so, you can see the actual files download, do you see the actual server colors?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby DThor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 am

Pathing has changed, I must admit finding the following link has been a pain in the ass since it was created - it doesn't seem to be linked to anywhere that makes sense in the docs. Maybe Dexter can take a look at this. Anyway, it's quite different but more flexible :

http://help.newsbin.com/index.php/V640_Pathing

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Misser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 am

Quade wrote:I'm not really following the path thing. What do you have the download, NZB Download and unrar path set to?
As for the colors, if you hit the + icon on the downloaded items so, you can see the actual files download, do you see the actual server colors?

Thanks for the fast reply. The + thing must have missed it :) It also does show the chuncks/servers on smaller files. As for the path thing, $(group) works for download | temp path but unrar behaves different.
Main download folder: d:\newsbin.tmp\$(group)\
Download for nzb: d:\newsbin.tmp\$(nzbfile)\
Unrar folder: S:\newsbin.downloads\$(nzbfile)\
.nzb unpacks in Unrar Folder | subdir from nzb file (same old and new version)
files selected from search bar now unpack in Unrar Folder instead of Unrar Folder / group /

So it seems I need a Unrar path for the search bar? Or use $(group) and have the .nzb unpack there also? The reason for this is that I download from a few groups manually and they where stored in the same dir as the group name. Now they al go into the main Unrar Folder.
M
Misser
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:17 pm

This tells Newsbin "if the file has an NZB Filename, add it to the path. No NZB Filename, unrar to the base folder"

Basically Newsbin is doing what you told it to do. There is no NZBFILE for search based downloads.

I might have to add a new option to make this work. Maybe $(LASTPATH).

Unrar folder: S:\newsbin.downloads\$(LASTPATH)\
So it takes the last path segment of the downloaded files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Misser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Quade wrote:

This tells Newsbin "if the file has an NZB Filename, add it to the path. No NZB Filename, unrar to the base folder"

Basically Newsbin is doing what you told it to do. There is no NZBFILE for search based downloads.

I might have to add a new option to make this work. Maybe $(LASTPATH).

Unrar folder: S:\newsbin.downloads\$(LASTPATH)\
So it takes the last path segment of the downloaded files.

As it works now it's great. It's indeed the file placement downloaded from the search bar that doesn't have a rule / path (besides placed into base folder) I don't know exactly what you mean with $(lastpath) (group name?) If so that would work out great, but also places all downloads there? It seems that maybe a option where to unpack search / header based downloads is a option? I know I might be naggin' but after V6.31 I lost part of the flexibility.

Regards.

Ah thought about the $(lastpath) that could be nzb name or group name?!? Sorry I'm Dutch :)

@Quade thanks for a great program.
Misser
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Ah thought about the $(lastpath) that could be nzb name or group name?!? Sorry I'm Dutch

Yeah, this is what I was thinking.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support