finally upgraded to v6 yesterday but need help?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

finally upgraded to v6 yesterday but need help?

Postby doop99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm

hi

1. when i open a nzb file it automatically sets the downloads to a compact view does anyone know where the option is to set it so that it is uncompacted by default?

2. where is the scratch list or place to store pars until i know how many pars in need?

3. what is the wishlist for?

4. how do i change colors for downloading files if it is in compact mode the download is purple, green when uncompacted and red when article not found anyway to change?

not upgraded since 5.xx so i am a little confused.

great new layout although i am just a little unsure where things are.

does it take up less cpu and ram, than before?

thx doop
doop99
n00b
n00b

Re: finally upgraded to v6 yesterday but need help?

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm

1 - Can't. Compact mode is now baked into the design. You can select and Ctrl-Right Arrow to expand groups.

2 - Newsbin doesn't work that way any more. Adding the full compacted set with pars into the list is how autopar works now. It downloads the small par, the rars and then only downloads more pars if it needs them.

3 - The scratch list is now the "wish list" but, it isn't really used during download. You can stick things in there if you want to.

4 - Can't. You can change the colors of the download blocks though by changing the server colors. I can consider making this changeable but, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It used less ram and downloads faster (assuming your net is up to it). Repair is now multi-core meaning if you have a multi-core CPU they can all be used to do the repair. Autopar is more reliable. Headers load faster and use less ram.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support