Getting newsbin 6 to create named subject folders

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Getting newsbin 6 to create named subject folders

Postby tonyhag » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27 am

In older versions of newsbin when I used NZB's it was possible to download each nzb to a separate folder which was named the same as the nzb, I cannot find any way of doing this with the Newbin version 6 thus all the files are getting downloaded to the same folder which makes it is a pain as I like to unrar my files manually.

So if I click an nzb how do i get newsbin 6 to create a folder for each download instead of this mess in one folder?
tonyhag
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/12/12

Re: Getting newsbin 6 to create named subject folders

Postby itimpi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 am

Are you talking about the 6.4x series or an earlier one (because the answer would be different). The 6.4x series introduced a new system that is more flexible, but perhaps less obvious to find the first time.

In the 6.4x series you can click on the Edit button against the download path (or one of the other paths) under Options and you will be offered a list of variables you can use in the path that get substituted at run time.. The one you probably want is the NZBFILE one to get the effect you want.

In theory when you upgrade your old settings should get converted to the new way of doing things, but I am not sure if the migration of settings always works correctly.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Return to V6 Technical Support