nzb confusion

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

nzb confusion

Postby pwnoren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

I'm going through Giganews posts since waaaaay back and has encountered a strange problem. I download the nzb files for all the subjects I'm interested in. The problem is that most posters I download from in this newsgroup (alt.binaries.sounds.lossless) don't give a name to these files so they simply appears as ".nzb". When I download several of them then I get these files on my computer

-(001).nzb
-(002).nzb
-(003).nzb
.nzb

all from files that appears as ".nzb" in NewsBin reader. So far, so good. Now comes the strange part: NewsBin Pro (6.21) cannot distinguish these different files and often clicking on e.g. -(003).nzb I get the files supposedly belonging to -(002).nzb and what is supposed to be in -(003).nzb is nowhere to be seen.

If then, after downloading all the 4 .nzb files above, I download another .nzb as
-(004).nzb

THEN, when clicking on it, I get what was supposed to come out of the previous file, -(003).nzb. So this goes on as I add more and more nzb-files.

I'm not sure it happens all the time, but it feels like it and it really is confusing. At least for me (grin) There is probably a perfectly good reason for this when looking at the code.

ps. It is obvious from the posts which nzb file belongs to which post/subject.
Last edited by pwnoren on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
pwnoren
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: nzb confusion

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am

I'd suggest trying again with 6.40 and let me know if you still have issues.

Just curious why you're bothering with the NZB's if you already have the files listed? Why not add the files directly to download?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby pwnoren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am

I've downloaded v 6.40 and will let you know.

If I download the files directly then they don't go into subfolders and I will have problems determining which files belongs to which cd. THAT is even more confusing (smile) --- (smilies doesn't work, I get this Image link not allowed for unregistered users )
pwnoren
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 am

Well one way is you could select them, right click "Download to folder named for subject" and they'll go into the folder you picked. Download to New Folder would let you spec the folder name directly.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support