My NZB downloads disappeared

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

My NZB downloads disappeared

Postby lenscap » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:13 pm

I downloaded 3 movies using NZB files. They were password protected so after successfully running Autopar, they weren't able to Unrar (as expected). I closed out NBPro, got the passwords, and when I went back into NBPro (6.21), the jpg and nfo files were there, but all the rar files were gone. They aren't in the Recycle Bin (Win7-64 by the way) and doing a search I wasn't able to find them anywhere. They have to be somewhere. I really don't want to download all those files again. Please help.
lenscap
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/31/12

Re: My NZB downloads disappeared

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:24 pm

You're sure they downloaded? By default, Newsbin will fail passworded RARS. In the future, you can assign the password to the files as they download so, Newsbin will unrar them with the password for you. It's in the right click menu.

Did you delete them from the download list?

Did you say yes when it asked whether you wanted to delete the files or not?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby lenscap » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes, I'm sure they downloaded because I manually ran the PAR software to make double sure I didn't need any extra PAR files. Newsbin normally downloads to a folder representing the newsgroup within my "downloads" folder. When I use a NZB file, they download directly to the "downloads" folder. The jpg and nfo files are still there, but the rest of them aren't.

I do believe I deleted them from the download list in NBPro AFTER they were already downloaded. I do that with other files in their respective groups and nothing that was downloaded ever got deleted that way.
lenscap
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:15 pm

I do believe I deleted them from the download list in NBPro AFTER they were already downloaded. I do that with other files in their respective groups and nothing that was downloaded ever got deleted that way.

You have to say no to the prompt.

"Delete Partial Downloads From Disk" is what it says. It'll delete the download files if you say yes. My guess is you said yes. If you said no, it would simply delete them from the download list but, not delete from disk.

It should obey "Use Recycle Bin" so, if you have this option set, the files should be in the recycle bin. I'll verify that it obeys this setting. Code says it does.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby lenscap » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Recycle bin is empty, so if it should have dumped them in there, it didn't. So then, my only option is re-downloading them all?
lenscap
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:50 pm

so if it should have dumped them in there, it didn't.

Do you have the "Use Recycle Bin" option set? If not then it just erases them. I'd say yes, re-download is in order of you can't find them. Just assign the password and Newsbin will unrar them for you.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby lenscap » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks for your help.
lenscap
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support