mark as new doesn't seem to work

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

mark as new doesn't seem to work

Postby quorton » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm using 6.21 build 1534
I know there have been topics before about the 'hide old' issues, but what I do is I download the first rar file to check the quality of the flick or to make sure it has no password or DRM bulshit before I download all rar files. It saves time and bandwidth.

But when I download this rar file NB sets al combined rar files as old (blue icon), which means I could lose it when I reload the group ,allthough it seems most of the times it will still display when I reload, but then it also displays the ones that I DID download.

Maybe its because I selected the individual files and not the header. But if I select the header, will it also download all the par2 files ?

But anyway, if I try to set those files (with blue icon) to 'mark as new' nothing happens, the color does not change, the icon does not change.
quorton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: mark as new doesn't seem to work

Postby quorton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 am

nobody else encountered this ?
quorton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am

Sorry, I forgot to comment on this.

There's a "Downloaded" state as well as "Old" and "New". Downloaded overrides old and new. I suspect what you're seeing is that the files are being tagged "Downloaded".

aybe its because I selected the individual files and not the header. But if I select the header, will it also download all the par2 files ?

If you add the whole thing, it'll only download the pars if it needs them.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby quorton » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm

So if I download 1 file from a combined post it will mark them all as downloaded ?
Because if I mark a single post as old and then as new again it works, but not if its part of a collection.
It seems there should be a mark as not downloaded as well.

And I did downloaded a whole thing but it still downloaded all par files (which it didn't need)

Also came across another slight problem, delete posts does not seem to work either. I recently switched to another usenet provider, so it downloaded a lot of old headers. I tried to delete those headers up to a certain date, but nothing happened, Only thing that seems to work is delete all posts, but that obviously also deletes the ones I haven't gotten around to yet.
quorton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 pm

The delete key only marks old. "Shift-Delete" is what actually deletes.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support