Issues while pausing the download

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Issues while pausing the download

Postby onemanwonder » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:54 am

Hello, when I pause the DL it seems to continue but in the bar a lot of red stripes appear. When I stop pausing, the DL goes on, but the red clusters remain. How can I stop/pause the DL in a acceptable way?
Thank you!!
onemanwonder
onemanwonder
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/12/08

Re: Issues while pausing the download

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

I'd guess that when you download normally, you're getting a bunch of errors but, that eventually the download works from another server so, these errors change color to "good" downloads. That by pausing it, you just get a snapshot showing the bad records too. When I pause, I don't get red records.

How about watching the logging tab when you pause and see if you've got a stream or errors on the logging tab. Probably 430 errors. How many servers do you have? My idea works if you have more than one server. I'm thinking one server is failing a bunch of downloads and then one of your other servers is actually delivering the data.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby onemanwonder » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Quade, thanks for your answer. I have just one server, but when I download with another program. i.e. newsleecher, that issue doesn´t appear. I can stop and go as I want. Further, the red bricks remain red, until I give the command to reload them.
It seems Newsbin wants to continue downloading, but is getting no data from the server. Grettings, o.
onemanwonder
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Without knowing why they turn red, with actual error messages, I can't actually suggest anything more. As I said, I'm not getting red blocks when I pause nor does it seem to be a common problem so, I'm looking for some clue as to why it's happening for you.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 pm

I believe I see what might cause them to turn red. It's a question of how long you pause them for. There won't be any changes in 6.2 but, I'll look into it further with 6.3.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby onemanwonder » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:12 pm

I think, I´ve got it now. It was my fault. I had too many open connections and I reduced them now to eight. And now the problem is solved, I can pause the DL and start it again without any malfunction.
Thank you again and sorry for bothering!
Greetings O.
onemanwonder
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support