ERROR - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: GigaNews

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

ERROR - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: GigaNews

Postby OMG2011 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 am

Hi guys,
lately I noticed several occasion of this error in the log:
Code: Select all
ERROR   - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: GigaNews 8 secs Remaining before Reconnect

where the number can be anything between 0 and 24 (in the log).
It seems to occur only when I'm downloading headers. Anybody with any insides on this and how to prevent this?
Is this message generated by GigaNews or NewsBin?
Groetjes,
OMG
Newsbin Pro 64bit 6.90 Build 5524 (on Win 10 Pro for Workstations)
OMG2011
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/06/09

Re: ERROR - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: GigaNews

Postby Quade » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 am

It prevents connection attempts more often than 30 seconds apart. There's nothing really to fix. It's interesting that I get it occasionally with giganews too. It's like the connection fails initially during a header download.

I could remove the message...
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby mistertokr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:50 pm

I just upgraded from 6.34 64 bit to 6.40 64 bit and now I get this same "Connect Flood Delay Active" error non-stop when trying to downloading headers. I can't download anything at all. everything was fine with 6.34. it does this with all my servers (Newshosting, Easynews & Astraweb) Image link not allowed for unregistered users

[11:31:57] ERROR InterSocket - Error: Socket Open Failed, Host: 127.0.0.1 Error Code: 10061 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

It only seems to do this with stunnel, which has never given me a problem since I built this sys about a year ago. I disabled stunnel on one of my servers and it worked. Do I need to change something in stunnel.conf?

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Intel i7-2600K CPU
16G Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
WD VelociRaptor 450g hdd
WD Caviar Black 1.0tb hdd
Hitachi 2.0tb hdd
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
mistertokr
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:41 pm

What does Stunnel do that you cant do with straight SSL from Newsbin to the server?

Your error suggests you have an stunnel configuration problem. That it's not really listing for connections on the proper port. The connection could be getting blocked by a firewall but, I suspect it's a problem with configuration.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby mistertokr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm mistaken, it does this with or without stunnel, only on this version. I can't even login to easynews at all. I have the previous version in my other computer downstairs and it works flawlessly with all my servers. I have Astraweb & Newshosting (which includes Easynews) that download headers. All I did was a simple upgrade as I have done for years whenever a newer version of Newsbin is released. I disabled the firewall ( ESET Smart Security Interactive mode) on this computer and no difference. I does the same thing whether I connect via my server (Windows Server 2003 R2 PDC) or WiFi straight to the router. All the computers here connect in this manner.

Below is part of the log, it shows Easynews locking out my account because this version is somehow making too many login attempts to quickly or something. It's not locking my IP because all computers here are on the same IP, it's locking my account when using this computer and ver: 6.40 build 2059
Newsbin on the other computer never does this. I tried using less connections too and no go. At least Astraweb & Newshosting only compllain in the logs but I can still d/l headers.

[08:06:28] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Astraweb2 12 secs Remaining before Reconnect
[08:06:28] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Newshosting 13 secs Remaining before Reconnect
[08:06:29] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Newshosting 16 secs Remaining before Reconnect
[08:06:29] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Newshosting 6 secs Remaining before Reconnect
[08:06:30] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - secure-us.news.easynews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 502 Your account or IP is locked out.
[08:06:30] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Easynews 2 28 secs Remaining before Reconnect
[08:06:30] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - secure-us.news.easynews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 502 Your account or IP is locked out.
mistertokr
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:24 pm

ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - secure-us.news.easynews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 502 Your account or IP is locked out.

This looks like the key to me. Did you contact them about this?

[08:06:28] HIGH - DG - Connect Flood Delay Active: Astraweb2 12 secs Remaining before Reconnect

This shows you Newsbin doesn't try to connect too often. 30 seconds between each attempt. Lots of people using 6.4 with easynews and not reporting this problem so, I'm not convinced newsbin is the cause. I'd suggest pulling stunnel out of the loop. It's really just another place things can go wrong.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby osgNeco » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:20 am

I've started noticing this in my logs too.

just so I understand - when I get this DG flood delay message, is it Newsbin telling me its throttling its connection attempts itself, or is it passing along a message from the Giganews server ?

Because my plan allows 50 connections but I have newsbin set to 35 - and in this case, I'm not trying to update/download group headers or anything, I'm just downloading a file.

I'm thinking I need to contact them either way because I get interspersed messages like the following as well

[03:23:24] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - news.giganews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 481 (remote) (aucl:gn;gn798341) exceeded maximum number of connections per user
osgNeco
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 am

just so I understand - when I get this DG flood delay message, is it Newsbin telling me its throttling its connection attempts itself, or is it passing along a message from the Giganews server ?

It's Newsbin limiting re-connects to once every 30 seconds.

[03:23:24] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - news.giganews.com-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 481 (remote) (aucl:gn;gn798341) exceeded maximum number of connections per user

If you have connection errors. You know, the thing that requires the flood delays, this can artificially balloon your connection counts. News servers are slow to release connections. You might want to back off connection off till this goes away or try to find out why you're getting disconnects.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support