Odd NZB behaviour

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Odd NZB behaviour

Postby far canal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:13 pm

I've been having NZB posts that have failed towards the end of the download. All the files are downloaded, except the last 4 to 6, so I have to create another NZB with the missing files to finish the download.

I've worked out the reason for the problem. I create the NZBs from a site. Before I create the NZB, I download a small SRR file, read it and decide whether or not I'll grab the post. You probably know what I'm doing. When I create the NZB, I make it with another copy of the SRR file for Parity reasons. During downloading, when the SRR file is reached, NewsBin gives an error message that the file is a Duplicate. Okay, no problem, but NewsBin then fails the rest of the download.

Just to clarify matters, I don't download the NZB to the same directory as the original where the first SRR file ends up.

Is it possible to stop this happening.
far canal
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/16/03

Re: Odd NZB behaviour

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:28 pm

In the advanced options, you can disable the duplicate checker. That said, this is probably worth fixing.

Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Odd NZB behaviour

Postby far canal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Please fix it. The problem is fairly new, I should have come here before now to mention it. I was expecting another user to have had similar problems.
I'd not like to lose the duplicate checker. I've lost the DC database in the past and it's caused a lot of problems.

By the way. Is there any need for the error popup to appear when NewsBin is closing a dirty connection? I'm usually running 6 or more connections and I'd not notice a problem on one of them. Getting a popup to say a problem is fixed appears to me to be pointless.
far canal
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/16/03

Return to V6 Technical Support