SickBeard Integration broken?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

SickBeard Integration broken?

Postby Sacrament055 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08 am

I'm seeing
Error SickBeard Integration : Error Reported in my Newsbin 6.6.0 Build 4163

When I "test" in Sickbeard it says it's ok but once it searches and tries to pass something to newsbin sickbeard logs show:
"Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: error"

This had been working but all of a sudden has stopped. I tried restarting newsbin as well as updating to the latest sickbeard.

Help appreciated.
Sacrament055
n00b
n00b

Re: SickBeard Integration broken?

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 am

Sickbeard asks Newsbin to download the NZB so, it sends the URL to Newsbin. You might want to check the Newsbin logs for errors. It sounds like something is going wrong when Newsbin attempts to download the NZB.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Sacrament055 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 am

I may have figured this out. It appears that it snatched the file from a provider I've not used before and I'm guessing the format wasn't correct for what got passed to newsbin. I disabled that one and tried a test with the one that had been working and it seems to be ok.
Sacrament055
n00b
n00b

Postby dougm1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 pm

I am seeing the same problem now: "Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: error". I'm going back to Black Hole.
dougm1
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/03/09

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 pm

What version are you using?

Pretty sure this is fixed in the latest. I don't have access to my release notes at the moment to check. Make sure Newsbin isn't has open access to the internet since it has to download the NZB.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby dougm1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm on 6.62.RC1 now, but the problem happened a few betas back and upgrading to the latest betas didn't fix it - I just didn't realize that newsbin integration was busted because Sickrage started pulling files via P2P. So, some chunk of newsbin code involved with integration that was left untouched by the upgrades got corrupted somehow. I've have had this happen before one or five times. The fix was to uninstall newsbin completely and then reinstall it. It work this time, too: newsbin and Sickrage are back on speaking terms. To make the reinstall easy on myself, I made a copy of my data folder, reinstalled newsbin, then overwrote the newly installed data folder, thereby preserving my settings and data. I don't how the guts of newsbin work, but the integration feature just seems to break once in while.
dougm1
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/03/09

Return to V6 Technical Support